Re: comment section in youtube is not displaying

Quentin Christensen

YouTube displays the comments under the recommended videos, and it starts with the spot for you to add a public comment.

Although there is something which acts like an edit field to "add a public comment", it's done in such a way that it isn't actually a traditional edit field, so you can't find it by navigating by edit field or even form field.  The best way I've found to get to it is:

1. Press NVDA+control+f to open NVDA's find function.
2. Type the word "comments" (without quotes)
3. Press ENTER to move to the first instance of the word.
4. Press TAB twice to move past "Sort by" and onto the edit field.

I have found that sometimes everything hasn't loaded and it can't find comments.  In this case, escape the error dialog, press CONTROL+END to jump to the bottom of the page, then up arrow and it's usually actually at the comments - YouTube seems to load the video and then related / suggested videos, then after that the comments, and sometimes it doesn't load the comments until you actually scroll down to the bottom of the page to get to them.

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 12:23 PM Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:
How odd. You are right Edge is working well, but in Chrome and Firefox
has a problem.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager