Re: induction cooking

Matt

Ok, got this thing. Have not did anything with it yet. But here is the over view of it.

·         Size: if with the cord at the back and the buttons at the front of the thing.  The depth of the cooktop will be 14 inches in round figures it is slightly more not enough to talk about. Now from left to right the width of it is 12 inches in round figures this again a little less not enough to talk about. Now for the height of the cooktop it is around 2 and ½ inches in round figures, slightly more not enough to talk about. Now this includes the little feet that it is setting on. No the feet is not separate they are made into the unit. They have some kind of rubber stuff on them to keep it from sliding on the counter top.

Now for the buttons and display. From left to right again at the front of the cooktop is the display and buttons. The display covers I would say about ¾ of the 12 inches. Then you get to the buttons. You have a total of 4 buttons only.  The first two are up and down arrows or buttons in that order one on top and one under the top one. The top one is up and the bottom one is down. Then you have a large button that is to the right of the up and down buttons and is the mode button. This activates the heating modes and then you change the heating modes with the up and down arrows or buttons. Then to the right of the mode button is the on and off button. Tap it once and the fan comes on and the power to the unit. But no heating yet  Tap the power button again and it turns the fan off in a few seconds and then the power . Now all these buttons is easy felt and they all beep.

Now to make the heat come on first you have to have a pan that will work on the burner I suggest to have something in it.  Then tap the power button it come on and turns the fan on. Then tap the mode button in the center of the arrows and power button and it will turn on the first heat setting which by default is the middle heat setting which is for boiling. Then you can tap your up or down arrows buttons and it will go up to heat settings from the default which they call boil (C3) to frying (C4) and then to the hottest setting (C5) the buttons does not wrap so you would have to go down then two notches to the C3 again and if you continue to go down you would go to C2 and then C1. At at any time if you do forget where you are at just turn the unit off and unplug it quickly and then plug it back in and turn the unit back on and tap the mode button and you will be back to the default setting which is C3.

Understand if you don’t have the correct type of pan on it the heating will not come on or can you even change the heating setting without a pan on the burner and the correct type of pan. You can tell this as there will be no beeps when you tap the mode button or the up or down buttons. They only work when the correct type of pan or boiler or whatever is on the burner and the unit is turn on.

Now when finish cooking the MFG say when you tap the power button to turn it off the fan will run for about a minute after it has been turn off. And then you can unplug it. They say do not unplug it till the fan stops . It will damage the unit.

Now I said I was going to do a cooking podcast and will not tonight though. I will do this and report back I will test how long it will take to boil some water. So stay tune. Also I will give a link to the PDF manual below.

The customer service as usual with Nesco is just terrific! I did not even have to read the manual they just took me step by step thru it. From turning it on and off and what the buttons did and the lay out. They said they were more than happy to help me out that was what they was there for. So no complaints there!

BTW: there is 5 cooking modes just in case you did not figure that out. From (C1 to C5) See link to manual English version.

http://www.nesco.com/files/pdf/nesco_pic14_induction_cooktop_careuse_trilingual.pdf