Re: HP laptop : How to enter safe mode?

Gene

Why don't you use the reset option in Windows 10 which doesn't rely on safe mode and will place a clean Windows 10 on the machine.

From: Keith S
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2021 2:33 PM
To: tech talk for the blind
Subject: [TechTalk] HP laptop : How to enter safe mode?

Hi, I was informed on this list that my installation of windows 10 is most likely damaged (I have previously posted the slowness using jaws and windows 10 and th lag and what not on the system.)

I was told that if I enter safe mode, I can choose to either reinstall the windows 8 that came pre-installed on the laptop, or reinstall windows 10, since my cousin did the upgrade to windows 10 when microsoft was offering the upgrade for free from windows 8 to windows 10.

My question is how do I enter safe mode on an HP laptop. I know that some name brand systems have different safe mode keys taht you have to push and hold while the system is booting up.

(I hae a netbook that uses the F8 key during startup to enter safe mode.

Anyone have a clue as to what I hold down on my HP laptop to enter safe mode?

Many thanks

keith