Re: if you were getting a new computer.

enes sarıbaş

Because time is literally money. By constantly waste time with my computer when I can just add more ram and make into a nonissue?

On 4/18/2021 2:50 PM, Gene wrote:
I think this needs more discussion.  How much does 16 more gb of memory cost?  Why not just close programs now and then if they have memory leaks? And what programs are known to have memory leaks that are popular and in common use?

I don't see any general advice from computer advisors to get 16GB of RAM if you are a typical user.  If you spend fifty dollars more, as I said, for some people that isn't much money.  for others, it is a lot.  I don't think such generalizations should be made without discussions of such points. Let's say, for example, that a certain browser has a memory leak and that using it for two or three hours can impair performance using 8GB of ram.  Is it worth getting more RAM so you can keep it opened for 6 hours?  Why not just close and reopen it every now and then?  Why not the same with other programs?

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Janet
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2021 2:43 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] if you were getting a new computer.

Hi Everyone,

Thomas says: 8gb is good but 16gb is even better. Memory leak, left over chunk of program which its not cleanup by windows, that much of ram will help the virtual files as well. If there's not much writing onto the harddrive, your SSD or your harddrive will be even happier.

Janet says:

I agree with you one hundred percent!

Janet