Re: HP laptop : How to enter safe mode?

Keith S

no difference.

Keith

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2021 6:24 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] HP laptop : How to enter safe mode?

Keith,

I was wondering if you notice any difference in JAWS or the spead of the PC, when you are using headphones?

Janet  

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Keith S
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 2021 3:50 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

headphones.  I try not to disturb others around me in the house.

Keith

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, April 16, 2021 6:20 PM

Hi Keith,

It’s good to see you out here again!  Smile!  You’re still having the same problem with your PC? I don’t think by using the safe mode will give you a fresh install of Windows 10.  I don’t think the safe mode has anything to do with that.  Keith, you remember I told you I bought a new Windows Laptop? Well, needless to say it is very slow, I’m not happy with it, JAWS has developed a speech impediment, I could just throw the Laptop as well as JAWS out the window.  Keith, I debated for at least 2 years if I wanted to buy a Windows Laptop, or an iPad, well, unfortunately, I picked Windows, and I have regretted it ever since!  So, I can sympathise with you right now.  Every time I get an update from Windows, my Laptop gets worse!  Keith, do you use a headphone or earbuds with your PC?

Janet  

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Keith S
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2021 2:34 PM
To: tech talk for the blind
Subject: [TechTalk] HP laptop : How to enter safe mode?

Hi, I was informed on this list that my installation of windows 10 is most likely damaged (I have previously posted the slowness using jaws and windows 10 and th lag and what not on the system.)

I was told that if I enter safe mode, I can choose to either  reinstall the windows 8 that came pre-installed on the laptop, or reinstall windows 10, since my cousin did the upgrade to windows 10 when microsoft was offering the upgrade for free from windows 8 to windows 10.

My question is how do I enter safe mode on an HP laptop.  I know that some name brand systems have different safe mode keys taht you have to push and hold while the system is booting up.

(I hae a netbook that uses the F8 key during startup to enter safe mode.

Anyone have a clue as to what I hold down on my HP laptop to enter  safe mode?

Many thanks

keith

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.