Re: HP laptop : How to enter safe mode?

Gene

That is not correct. I don't know what I'm not supposed to have answered. I think I said awhile ago to try a reset first. The reset in Windows 10 is a reset of Windows 10. You are confusing that with the reset, or whatever it is called, that many computers offer with the original factory files for everything stored on a different partition of the hard drive. That has nothing to do with the reset in Windows 10 itself. That reset will put a clean Windows 10 on the machine. The factory reset, if this computer has one, will place the original operating system on the machine and whatever else it came with.

From: Janet
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2021 9:12 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] HP laptop : How to enter safe mode?

Hi Keith,

Ok, I’ve said to myself I wouldn’t get involved with this meaning what Gene recommended for you to do with your Laptop, and I see he hasn’t answered you either. Now Keith, as I’ve discussed this reset feature with you before, you still are willing to take a chance on using the reset feature, but one more time, I strongly advise you not to use that reset feature, just for the simple fact, that feature is a factory reset, and you need to remember your Laptop came with Windows 8, so there for, remember your Laptop will just revert back to Windows 8, so please give this some serious consideration before doing that. Now, if you still want me to send you the instructions, just let me know, and I will do so. As far as the safe mode, that will not give you the option to reset your Laptop to Windows 10 or Windows 8. I know you don’t want to hear this, and I don’t blame you, as I wouldn’t want to hear this either, but I’m telling you the truth. I’m trying to spare you from more problems than what you currently have, but it’s your choice.

Janet

From: Gene