Re: if you were getting a new computer.

enes sarıbaş

Then again, if someone can aford it, an r7/I7 is better. Screen readers are hard on the processor, and processor core lag is noticeable more as a result.

On 4/18/2021 9:37 PM, David Moore wrote:

I aggree with the post below except for one thing! An I 5 processer is great along with the SSD and everything the other poster said!

On Sun, Apr 18, 2021, 1:57 AM enes sarıbaş <enes.saribas@...> wrote:

At a bare minimum, go for gigabit ethernet options, 8 gb of dual channel ram, an ssd of at least 512 gb, 1tb if you can aford it, even if you don't use 1tb the 1tb drive has a much higher write speed and endurance. A processor should be at least current gen 11th gen intel or fifth gen AMD r5, don't getv stuff like pentium/celeron/i3 processors.

On 4/15/2021 1:30 PM, Jim Rawls wrote:

I will let you know as I find out.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of John Holcomb II
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2021 7:28 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] if you were getting a new computer.

Do you forsee yourself  doing anything more then  broadcasting?

I’d go with two sound cards  for one  thing.

Is there a price you have to contend with?

How are you storing your music files?

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2021 2:26 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] if you were getting a new computer.

Hi all,

It looks like I can select what I want on the computer I am getting, so, I want your opinions.

What would you like on your computer? Since I am into music, and use music files for my global voice shows, I obviously want a good player, and, a good recorder to use. I want win amp as my primary player, and have been using virtual recorder, but  I’m open to suggestions on any  recorder you like. How much memory etc. would you like?   any of these thoughts are appreciated. I am running jaws 2018, but will be running jaws 2021 on my  new computer.[Jim

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.