Re: Getting Rid of Windows Ten Prompt

Monica Jones

Matt, I did change how my updates come in but it comes up anyhow. I do know how to update them though. That may be what I need to do. Thanks bunches.

From: Matt
Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2015 2:37 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Getting Rid of Windows Ten Prompt

This is coming from the icon tray and the icon can be removed and this stopping this. But it will come back in a windows update later unless you change how you get windows update. So the first thing is to remove the update. The 2nd thing is to open up windows update and go to settings and change from automatic updates to just notify me of the updates and I will choose to download and install them. Then when this update comes back then hide it. Then you will have to keep windows update from automatic update. Which I never have it on automatic  update.  I use to have it that way but stopped it when W10 came out and they started pushing it on everyone. So see link below to how to do all this.

BTW: this give several ways and the last one is the one I chose to just hide the update after uninstalling it. If for some reason it comes back just redo it or try one of the other methods.

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-remove-get-windows-10-app-and-its-icon-from-taskbar/