Re: HP laptop : How to enter safe mode?

so to do a reset, and no that wont revert you back to windows 8.
first things first, backup all the data you have on c drive.
next, make sure that you ave activation codes for any programs that
require them as the reset will remove all programs, accept the apps
that came with windows.
after you are sure that you have everything saved.
you press windows and i.
press tab once.
go to update and security which is right at the end of the list, so
pressing the end key if you have 1 will directly take you there.
then go to recovery.
and click on reset this pc.
the pc will reboot 2 3 times, you wont have jaws or any screen reader,
but after the pc has rebooted for the first time, just wait for 1 or 2
minutes and press control windows enter, this will launch narrator and
it will give you progress about what is happening.
after resetting you may have to enter microsoft account.
if you dont want to do this, dont connect to wifi or internet via cable.
tell it i dont have internet and continue with limited setup.
after creating a local account and finishing setup, then connect to
internet and again it will ask you to enter a microsoft account, tell
it i will do this later and click on complete setup.
now you will have to reinstall all programs from scratch.

I don't remember if or what I said when he asked that. I don't have Windows

10. I don't know how you do a Windows 10 reset. As I recall, another list

member described in detail how it is done. Whether I responded and said I
don't know how it is done, I don't recall. I may not have either as an
oversight or because I saw the explanation from someone else on the list so

I didn't need to respond.

I'm right and yet, you keep insisting I'm not. Prove it? Do a Google
search on Windows 10 reset and learn about it. I don't thing the feature
that a lot of computers have that restores the computer to its factory state

is even called reset and it is not initiated from within Windows. You
initiate it before Windows boots. the procedure is initiated differently on

different brands and models of computer. Reset was one of the new features

in Windows 10 and it received publicity when Windows 10 came out because it

allows you to put a clean copy of Windows 10 on the machine. You shouldn't

have difficulty finding information about it.

From: Gene