Re: Getting Rid of Windows Ten Prompt

Monica Jones

I kept the link, but I hid it in the task bar. I’ve also downloaded that registry script they mentioned in case it comes back. I think I’ll run it anyway.

Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2015 2:42 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Getting Rid of Windows Ten Prompt

Or like I say see my earlier email on this or just follow this link and choose one of these methods . I choose the last method and it has worked for me.

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-remove-get-windows-10-app-and-its-icon-from-taskbar/

Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2015 12:38 AM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Getting Rid of Windows Ten Prompt

Hi Monica,

I have heard that this website has a tool has removes all Windows 10 upgrade files from your computer.  I can't vouch for it since I've already done this manually but, below is the link if others are willing to give it a go.  They have 2 tools, a stand alone .EXE file if you don't like installers, or an executable that you can install & if the right option is selected it will monitor your computer for future Windows 10 installation updates.  It's called, GwxControlPanelSetup.exe

Take care.
Mike

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, December 05, 2015 9:01 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] Getting Rid of Windows Ten Prompt

Every time I boot up now, I get a prompt asking me to upgrade to Windows Ten. Hearing all the problems you folks are having with speech and such, I’m not sure I want to upgrade just yet. Can you please tell me how to get rid of this? Sometimes it cuts off my speech. I’m usually able to exit the dialog, but this morning I had to get sighted help. Thank God I was lucky enough to have someone sighted. Any help is appreciated. I may want to upgrade, but I don’t want to do it if I lose speech, and I don’t wish to be prompted at boot up.

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52

Facebook, Monica Rose Jones

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52

Facebook, Monica Rose Jones

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.