From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Thomas N. Chan
Sent: April 19, 2021 5:42 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] laptop

It's even harder to get a laptop which comes with an optical drive.

most are getting, thinner. Thinner means, optical drive need to go.

Especially ultra book series.

Netflix, disney plus, HBO are streaming  new shows online nowadays.

so its even harder to get a DVD movie online, so a lot of people, just don't need them.

Beside, you need to wait for the movie company to  make the DVD as compare   streaming service, when its coming out today, its just out. all you need to do is, to stream.

DVD, you need to wait for shipment.

no doubt, you still can get it on amazon  and a lot online places for the latest movies but movie company are just making, lesser du to demand

Even Microsoft windows, office all can be downloaded onto a thumb drive and install from there.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 at 07:26, John Holcomb II <jhii926@...> wrote:

Ok, so I’d need a GUI and I’ve never used Linux before, also didn’t use DOS.

SO I’d definitely need a GUI.

Never heard of a VI Linux before….

John