Re: podcast recording on iPhone

Kay Malmquist

It is the Zoom iQ 7.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won't need to tell anybody it does. Light houses don't fire cannons to call attention to their shining - just shine.
Dwight L. Moody – 1837-1899, Evangelist and Publisher

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2021 4:38 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] podcast recording on iPhone

What mick do you have?

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kay Malmquist
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2021 5:00 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Well, I'm back.  I got the mic and it seems to work, but I can not get any sound from the monitoring jack on the mic to come out.  The only thing I hear is voice over from my iPhone.  When I listen to the recording I have made, I can hear the volume being  adjusted and everything else that I am playing back through the recording.  I was just using the voice memos app.  Any ideas?

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won't need to tell anybody it does. Light houses don't fire cannons to call attention to their shining - just shine.
Dwight L. Moody – 1837-1899, Evangelist and Publisher

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 2:46 PM

Hi:

There are many powerful and accessible recording apps for the iPhone.  These include Dolby On, Ferrite Recording Studio, GoldWave, Hokusai and TwistedWave.  I strongly urge you to look up each one of these apps in the app store and elsewhere on the internet to learn all about them so that you can decide which ones will best suit you.  You might want to use several of these apps so you can get the most out of audio production and editing.

I hope others will contribute their own suggestions and advice on this matter.

Blessings,

Victor

On Apr 14, 2021, at 8:00 AM, Kay Malmquist <kay.malmquist@...> wrote:

Hi Peoples,

Today we are venturing in to a new possible catastrophe.  If I, like a million other people want to create a podcast and I wanted to record on my iPhone because I have a really neat adjustable stereo mic that plugs in to my iPhone via the lightning plug, what app or app would I use?  And for that matter, what would be the best way to just simply record things on my iPhone that I might want to keep?  Also, could I use said microphone if I created videos?  Thanks for all thought about this.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear"
Author Unknown.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.