Re: NVDA keyboard list

Gene

I really object to what I've seen of this list. it mixes Windows commands with screen-reader commands and doesn't indicate or explain the difference.
For example, say next carachter is given as right arrow or numpad 3. These are completely different commands. Right arrow is a windows movement command when working with an application cursor. Numpad 3 is an NVDA command. it moves within the object or in review mode and doesn't move you in the document. Right arrow moves you in the document and announces where you have moved. This is not the way NVDA commands should be presented. NVDA commands are not Windows or program commands and they should be given as completely separate commands and program commands should not be included in such lists.

From: Dr. arvind singh brar
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2021 5:18 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NVDA keyboard list

Hi, here you go;

https://dequeuniversity.com/screenreaders/nvda-keyboard-shortcuts

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

On 21 Apr 2021, at 1:35 PM, heather albright <kd5cbl@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello, does anyone know where I can find a file for NVDA commands. I am working with a person and they find the guide overwhelming that comes in the NVDA user guide. I wish they would just have all the commands separated. I know why they did the guide like they did by listing all the commands touch, laptop and desktop. But, this person just wants the commands for a desktop and not all the other info. They are very overwhelmed with to much info and they do not know how to skip the info they do not need.

I do not want them to be discouraged and I want them to use their computer. If anyone knows where I can find an NVDA command file list, please let me know. Thank you, Heather