Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2021 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Downloads Fail With Any Browser

Hi Mike,

Two things come to mind.  You said you swapped out the cables: what about the cards?  Are you using standard ethernet cards?

also, I am wondering if you have done a de fragment or error check on the problem computer?

On 4/21/2021 4:21 PM, Mike B wrote:
Hi All,

I can download a file with Windows 10, but I can't using Windows 7.  It's the same exact URL.  I can download this file with any browser on Windows 10, but it won't download with any browser with Windows 7.  With Windows 7 the download will start, but it'll fail from anywhere from a few seconds to a couple of minutes, where with Windows this 1.1 GB file will fully download in a couple of minutes.  I am not getting any errors or security messages on the Windows 7 computer at all, it's like the download is timing out.  I tried different ethernet cables and ports and didn't help.  Does anyone have any idea as what I need to check?

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"