Re: Downloads Fail With Any Browser

Gene

When I went to the page by pasting the address into my browser, I had to press a download button to start the download. Didn't you have to do that?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike B
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2021 7:53 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Downloads Fail With Any Browser

John,

Actually when I paste the URl into the Run dialogue, a browser or just press enter on it the file starts to download, but it fails anywhere between 10 & 65%. I've tried with Edge, Chrome and Waterfox on my Windows 7 computer and with Chrome and Edge on the Win-10 machine.

Stay safe and take care. Mike.

#1:

pinghttps://fromsmash.com/7phJWfNq.v-it

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\mike>pinghttps://fromsmash.com/7phJWfNq.v-it

#2:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\mike>ping https://fromsmash.com/7phJWfNq.v-it
Ping request could not find host https://fromsmash.com/7phJWfNq.v-it. Please che
ck the name and try again.

C:\Users\mike>