Re: Downloads Fail With Any Browser

Gene

In case my last message caused any confusion, I let the file continue to download and the download was successful.

From: Gene
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2021 8:56 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Downloads Fail With Any Browser

I had very seldom used ping before. Here is what I found out by
experimenting:
Evidently, when you ping, you shouldn't include the http part of the
address. Also, when I ping just using the address for the main page or home
page or whatever it should be called, I got a response. I pinged for
fromsmash.com. Adding the rest of the address to the specific page produced
a server not found message.

#1:

pinghttps://fromsmash.com/7phJWfNq.v-it

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\mike>pinghttps://fromsmash.com/7phJWfNq.v-it

#2:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\mike>ping https://fromsmash.com/7phJWfNq.v-it
Ping request could not find host https://fromsmash.com/7phJWfNq.v-it. Please
che
ck the name and try again.