Re: Orbit Reader 40 review? Thoughts?

Joe Orozco

Hi, if you're on Facebook, there's a Braille Displays group where I
think people have posted their thoughts. If you're not on Facebook,
let me know, and I'll see about hunting down the thread and posting it
here.

Joe

On 4/22/21, Cristóbal <cristobalmuli@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello list,

So I was thinking of upgrading to the Orbit Reader 40 display, but haven’t
really been able to come across any reviews on the product. Write ups on
the
Orbit Reader 20 Plus yes, but not much for the 40. Can I just assume that
they’re the same, but for amount of Braille cells?

There was one review I came across on Apple Vis but it was more focused on
the device's sound
<https://www.applevis.com/forum/braille-apple-products/orbit-reader-40-audio
-volume-level-examples> than anything else. I did find one YouTube video,
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmbvLsoCe7o> but it’s in French and well…
I don’t speak French.

I was thinking of the Mantis 40, but honestly, I’m pretty happy with my
mechanical keyboard for my desktop and I already have an 80 cell display
connected to it, so this would be a more portable option for my laptop and
iPhone for reading mostly. I don’t need another keyboard for that.

Anyway, if anyone’s got an Orbit Reader 40, I’d be curious to know their
thoughts on how it’s holding up and general usage.

Thanks,

Cristóbal