From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joe Orozco
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2021 3:14 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Orbit Reader 40 review? Thoughts?

Hi, if you're on Facebook, there's a Braille Displays group where I think people have posted their thoughts. If you're not on Facebook, let me know, and I'll see about hunting down the thread and posting it here.

Joe

On 4/22/21, Cristóbal <cristobalmuli@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello list,

So I was thinking of upgrading to the Orbit Reader 40 display, but
haven’t really been able to come across any reviews on the product.
Write ups on the Orbit Reader 20 Plus yes, but not much for the 40.
Can I just assume that they’re the same, but for amount of Braille
cells?

There was one review I came across on Apple Vis but it was more
focused on the device's sound
<https://www.applevis.com/forum/braille-apple-products/orbit-reader-40
-audio
-volume-level-examples> than anything else. I did find one YouTube
-volume-level-examples> video,
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmbvLsoCe7o> but it’s in French and
well… I don’t speak French.

I was thinking of the Mantis 40, but honestly, I’m pretty happy with
my mechanical keyboard for my desktop and I already have an 80 cell
display connected to it, so this would be a more portable option for
my laptop and iPhone for reading mostly. I don’t need another keyboard for that.

Anyway, if anyone’s got an Orbit Reader 40, I’d be curious to know
their thoughts on how it’s holding up and general usage.

Thanks,

Cristóbal