Re: petition to open source ETI eloquence

Gene

Microsoft doesn’t make something a part of Windows just because they purchase it, nor do they necessarily discontinue the product.  I don’t know why they want to aquire Nuance.  And Nuance, I would imagine develops other programs than just voices, though I don’t know that.

Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 12:56 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] petition to open source ETI eloquence

I'm sure that when the acquisition process is over, it's going to be MS that has the rights to Eloquence, not Nuance, as it will most likely be dissolved.

    What interest do they have by keeping such rights, especially if the popular demand is to have it be open sourced? They could either do that, or they could maintain it, and make it a part of Windows.

On 4/26/2021 8:50 AM, Gene wrote:
I see that you want it to be made open source.  I see no reason why it will be.  I hadn’t read the subject line before I sent my last message.  I generally skip them because they so often tell nothing, such as, help, a question, etc.

Nuance may not be making much money from Eloquence, but I doubt they will make it either free or open source.  If they haven’t done so by now, given all the interest of the blind community, why would they care about a petition?

Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 10:34 AM

Hi,

As some of you may know, Microsoft acquired Nuance. I started this

petition as ETI-Eloquence isn't maintained and is used by a lot of the

blind community. If you would like to sign It, the link is

http://chng.it/CJWYhnYS

Feel free to pass this along to as many people as possible.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10