Re: surface laptops

Thomas N. Chan

If you are comparing the magic keyboard which can be use for iPad Pro series.
Its a good build and it type well even on my lap.
It's like it lift the 12.9" iPad up in the air and it doesn't shake much. for some people, a flat surface will be a better choice.
I would agree, Microsoft's cover keyboard is not as good as the other third party or even if you would compare with apple series.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Mon, 26 Apr 2021 at 08:40, Marie Nelson <scribbles.mn@...> wrote:

Did you use the built in kick stand?

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of heather albright
Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2021 12:14 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] surface laptops

I think it was the six I got last year just before the lock down, I think I set it back in march or april.  Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2021 2:10 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] surface laptops

Hold on a second.

Which  surface device did you get.

Did you get the pro, the laptop  or the book.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of heather albright
Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2021 3:02 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] surface laptops

Hello, I want to finally find a new laptop after almost 8 years, that is the last time I went and purcheased 1.

So I like the surface set up but, when I got it, I did not like how it sets up. It seens the screen is to heavy for the keyboard and it did not sit well unless you had a table handy. Are all the surfaces like this? I thought it would have the similar set up like my i-pad which I could type on my lap and the screen on the i-pad holds well. I am wondering if the magnets on the surface are not as strong as the ones off my i-pad?

It just seemed that my surface was to top heavy and it always wanted to flop over. So I set it back.

So someone told me to look in to a traditional laptop set up

But before I do this, is there a surface that has a better setup?

I liked the lightweight aspects of the surface along with the quickness of the surface.

Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.