Re: petition to open source ETI eloquence

Hope Williamson

By acquisitions, I meant tech acquisitions like these. Sure, you don't see that in other industries a whole lot.

On 4/26/2021 3:55 PM, Gene wrote:
Here is a featured snippet, if that is the correct phrase, from a Google search:
After being acquired by R.J. Reynolds in 1985 and becoming part of RJR Nabisco, Nabisco was sold in 2000 to Philip Morris Companies (renamed Altria Group, Inc.), which was the parent company of Kraft

Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 5:40 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] petition to open source ETI eloquence

D not know either one was aquired.

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 6:36 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Not necessarily.  There are all sorts of products that continue even under the old name of the product, not the brand, but the old name after acquisitions.  A lot of the processed and frozen foods, for example, have been aquired.  Orio cookies, )(spelling) was aquired when Nabisco (spelling) was aquired.

Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 1:07 PM

Ultimately MS could kill Nuance, which it will probably do in the end. that's usually how acquisitions work.

On 4/26/2021 8:59 AM, John Holcomb II wrote:

No, but since MS is buying Newonce doesn’t that mean they could kill it?

John