Re: How to delete an empty line in Excel

chris judge

Smile.

I wanted to introduce the alt Q option because it allows people to find out how to do things on their own. It helps to be self sufficient.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Howard Traxler
Sent: April 28, 2021 9:52 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] How to delete an empty line in Excel

Well, to get it correct, it is "delete", not "deleate".

On 4/28/2021 6:31 AM, gbmagoo@... wrote:

Well lets get the terms correct.  It is deleate a row, not a line, and it is deleate a collum

Great tip  to find help.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 01:28
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] How to delete an empty line in Excel

Hi. Are you using excel 2016? If so there is a nifty little feature that can help you get most thinks done even if you don’t know the keystroke. I use it all the time and it works in all office 2016 applications. To delete a row in excel, focus on the row. Next, press altQ. This will bring up a search field. Type delete row, then arrow down. You should hear, delete sheet rows. Press enter and the row should go away.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Chris Judge

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marilyn and Don Bilderback
Sent: April 28, 2021 4:40 AM
To: TECHTALK <techtalk@groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] How to delete an empty line in Excel

Can someone give me the key strokes to delete an empty line in my Excel sheet?  Recently I saw that to add a line was ALT I R.  Then I got thinking, I don’t know how to do the opposite.  Thanks.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.