Re: Cooking in the dark mailing list

Gene

I don’t have the original message to check.  However, I found more or less by accident, that when someone sends messages as texthe reply to sender link isn’t included.  if messages are sent as HTML, they are.

Having said that, knowing how to find the sender’s address in the e-mail program being used is something it would benefit many people to know.  It may be a little different in different Windows e-mail programs but it can be done unless the list blocks those addresses so they aren’t shown in the first place.  and there are other list serves than Groups.io.  Other list serves don’t have such links.

Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 3:33 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Cooking in the dark mailing list

That's odd, I don't see it either Madison.

But if you are in the  message (and I'll use yours as an example...), and you shift tab a few times (I'm using outlook 2016 via Office365 on Windows 7 with Jaws 2021), I land in this:
main@TechTalk.groups.io; on behalf of; Madison Martin <madisonmartin463@...>
So there is at least a way to get at the info you'd need if you want to privately message somebody but I'm not sure why the reply to sender link isn't there.
Is this a groups.io thing that can be turned on or off by a list owner/moderator?
John