Re: Is this a Scam or Fishing Email, or is it real?

lynn white

Scam for sure.

On 5/1/2021 11:41 AM, Dave wrote:
Hello,

I just received this Email, that tells me I have deactivated my Email,
which is absolutely not true.  Never visited my Email provider's Web
site, and made No changes to my account.

So, I ask, is this a Fishing attempt, by someone hoping to get my
password?  Or is it real.

And of course, since today is Saturday, I can't just call up my Phone
Company because they are closed for the week end.

Grumpy Dave

Dear dlh007@centurylink.net,

You recently made a request to deactivate email. This request will be
processed shortly.
If you did not make this request, cancel the request now.
Cancel Deactivation
If you do not cancel this request, your account will be deactivated and
all your email data will be lost.

Sincerely,
Your centurylink.net Internet Team