Re: Is this a Scam or Fishing Email, or is it real?

Carolyn Arnold

Go figure, Dave. You received the email. Doesn't that tell you that your email is active?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave
Sent: Saturday, May 1, 2021 12:42 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Is this a Scam or Fishing Email, or is it real?

Hello,

I just received this Email, that tells me I have deactivated my Email, which is absolutely not true. Never visited my Email provider's Web site, and made No changes to my account.

So, I ask, is this a Fishing attempt, by someone hoping to get my password? Or is it real.

And of course, since today is Saturday, I can't just call up my Phone Company because they are closed for the week end.

Grumpy Dave

Dear dlh007@centurylink.net,

You recently made a request to deactivate email. This request will be processed shortly.
If you did not make this request, cancel the request now.
Cancel Deactivation
If you do not cancel this request, your account will be deactivated and all your email data will be lost.

Sincerely,
Your centurylink.net Internet Team