Re: Is this a Scam or Fishing Email, or is it real?

John Holcomb II

Yes you are  exactly right in this, Geen..

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2021 3:46 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Is this a Scam or Fishing Email, or is it real?

But the first part of the link would have the initial site so you can tell if it is legitimate.  But I think I read sometime ago about links that only vary in something like a punctuation mark so the link may look extremely close to the authentic one.  Better not to follow links in questionable messages unless you are sure they are safe.

Gene

Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2021 1:37 PM

Gene, but it could be a link which redirects to something else…

John