Issues with user accounts and passwords in Windows 10

Mary Smith

Hello listers, I have recently begun to encounter a really annoying issue with UAC when using my laptop. No matter how many times I try and enter the correct password when getting any sort of UAC prompt, I’m told the password is incorrect. This also happens when I try and use another account on this machine. I should mention that I don’t use this machine very often but I’m pretty sure I’m entering the correct passwords. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to solve this one?

Thanks.
Mary.