Re: how to get to computers for the blind?

Gene

While I don’t know how many people have good experiences or bad, since I don’t want to upgrade to Windows 10 and I don’t want to spend much money to gget something I don’t want, I may gamble on a purchase.  the worst that can happen is that I loose something like $150 on a laptop and I’d rather gamble and hope to win.

But I wonder if I should get a tablet instead and use it with an external keyboard.  I haven’t checked about prices but my impression is that tablets are cheaper than computers and a good one can do basic tasks such as browsing, e-mail, and streaming well. 

I’d be interested in opinions about what might be the better choice.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2021 1:54 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] how to get to computers for the blind?

I have had no issues with my desktop computer from Computers for the Blind which I have had for quite a while.  It came with windows 7, but now I have installed windows 10 on it.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2021 9:08 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Thanks Steve, I’ll keep that I mind. Jim

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2021 2:53 PM

Is this the outfit in Texas? I know about a dozen people who've dealt with them, and none have come away satisfied, either with hardware received or support thereof. Caveat emptor.

On 4/28/2021 9:42 PM, John Holcomb II wrote:

www.computersfortheblind.org

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 9:37 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] how to get to computers for the blind?

Thanks for your help. Jim

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.