Re: Issues with user accounts and passwords in Windows 10

Mary Smith

Hello, I have tried resetting the password for one of the accounts and it doesn’t work. I forgot to mention something else in my original message to the list. Installing software is also an issue, I’m unable to install programs.

On May 2, 2021, at 2:58 PM, Thomas N. Chan <thomas.nchan@gmail.com> wrote:

I will reset or change the password and try it again.
Type change password in the start and go on from there.

--------------------
regards
Thomas N. Chan
-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mary Smith via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, 2 May 2021 7:26 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Issues with user accounts and passwords in Windows 10

Hello listers, I have recently begun to encounter a really annoying issue with UAC when using my laptop. No matter how many times I try and enter the correct password when getting any sort of UAC prompt, I’m told the password is incorrect. This also happens when I try and use another account on this machine. I should mention that I don’t use this machine very often but I’m pretty sure I’m entering the correct passwords. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to solve this one?

Thanks.
Mary.