From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: May 2, 2021 1:12 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] how to get to computers for the blind?

While I don’t know how many people have good experiences or bad, since I don’t want to upgrade to Windows 10 and I don’t want to spend much money to gget something I don’t want, I may gamble on a purchase.  the worst that can happen is that I loose something like $150 on a laptop and I’d rather gamble and hope to win.

But I wonder if I should get a tablet instead and use it with an external keyboard.  I haven’t checked about prices but my impression is that tablets are cheaper than computers and a good one can do basic tasks such as browsing, e-mail, and streaming well.

I’d be interested in opinions about what might be the better choice.

Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2021 1:54 PM

I have had no issues with my desktop computer from Computers for the Blind which I have had for quite a while.  It came with windows 7, but now I have installed windows 10 on it.