Re: Issues with user accounts and passwords in Windows 10

Thomas N. Chan

There's only a few reason, you did key in the wrong password
The keyboard settings is sending the wrong character to it

Logically, from the information you given, itshould work if you did input the right password. Unless something is sending or keying the wrong info for you.
If you did reset the password, and the window did accepted it. Then it should work unless that user does not have administrative rights to do all you mentioned.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Mon, 3 May 2021 at 05:52, Mary Smith via groups.io <ms0120=mailbox.org@groups.io> wrote:
Hello,  I have tried resetting the password for one of the accounts and it doesn’t work. I forgot to mention something else in my original message to the list. Installing software is also an issue, I’m unable to install programs.

> On May 2, 2021, at 2:58 PM, Thomas N. Chan <thomas.nchan@...> wrote:
>
> I will reset or change the password and try it again.
> Type change password in the start and go on from there.
>
> --------------------
> regards
> Thomas N. Chan
> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mary Smith via groups.io
> Sent: Sunday, 2 May 2021 7:26 PM
> To: main@techtalk.groups.io
> Subject: [TechTalk] Issues with user accounts and passwords in Windows 10
>
> Hello listers, I have recently begun to encounter a really annoying issue with UAC when using my laptop. No matter how many times I try and enter the correct password when getting any sort of UAC prompt, I’m told the password is incorrect. This also happens when I try and use another account on this machine. I should mention that I don’t use this machine very often but I’m pretty sure I’m entering the correct passwords. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to solve this one?
>
> Thanks.
> Mary.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.