Re: another jarte question

John Holcomb II

Why wouldn’t they just have it be accessible without having a special access thing I wonder.

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2021 4:26 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] another jarte question

I’ve been playing with JARTE and I found out something interesting.  The developer has really made the program accessible.  With screen-reader mode off, you can write and edit text, but no menus are available except the system menu.  With screen-reader mode on, it looks to me as though everything available in that mode is accessible.

Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2021 2:23 PM

This is speculation but since you can read text using the JAWS cursor, that suggests to me that JAWS isn’t seeing the cursor for some reason.  Others who use JARTE may be able to comment on that further.  For the moment, the best thing to do might be to wait for other comments.  Perhaps there is a setting you can change in the program that will solve the problem.

Gene