Re: another jarte question

Troy Burnham

I'll try this Geoff, Jarte states it's already in screen reader mode when I open it but maybe it needs to be reset for some reason.

Btw as I stated yesterday I usually use jaws 2020, but I have jaws 2018 installed also and I loaded that and I was able to use the pc cursor to read in Jarte.

Troy

On 5/4/2021 10:59 PM, Geoff Eden wrote:

If I repeat, I apologize. However, no mention was made of the need to place the phrase;

enable screen reader mode

On your clipboard before starting jarte.

Create the phrase in Notepad, press control A, press control C,close Notepad, and open jarte. This appears to put jarte into screen reader mode, which it announces as it opens.

There are rumours that this has been repaired, but I find I need to refresh the setting occasionally using the instructions above.

Here, using JAWS 2018 or NVDA jarte works just fine.

Good luck

Geoff

On 5/4/2021 4:28 PM, Troy Burnham wrote:

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling jarte 2 or 3 times since I had to have windows reinstalled at the end of February since that's when I noticed this, and I even used a different upgraded version of jarte than the one I had before and the problem still exists.

Actually it's not really a problem and more of just an annoyance, I discovered by mistake being able to read with the jaws cursor and before that I considered it a problem.

Troy

On 5/4/2021 3:01 PM, Gene wrote:
I just downloaded JARTE and looked at the settings.  I didn’t see anything related to how the cursor is displayed.  Therefore, you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the program.  If you have NVDA and are satisfied to use it in JARTE, you might want to try it before doing diagnostic work.

Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2021 2:23 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] another jarte question

This is speculation but since you can read text using the JAWS cursor, that suggests to me that JAWS isn’t seeing the cursor for some reason.  Others who use JARTE may be able to comment on that further.  For the moment, the best thing to do might be to wait for other comments.  Perhaps there is a setting you can change in the program that will solve the problem.

Gene