Re: Talking battery meter

Gene

Even so, I wouldn’t rely on a multimeter.  A battery at rest can produce much more current immediately when it is connected to something than after a little while if it is wearing down.

Sent: Monday, May 10, 2021 1:00 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Talking battery meter

I am almost certain that your electrician is correct.  But, we're not trying to do brain surgery here.  Just trying to find out if our batteries are, for the most part, excellent, good,  average, or dead.

BTW, a multi meter  will perform other task.  Many are capable of handeling very high voltages.  That's some where I don't want to go.

You stay safe,

James B