Re: Talking battery meter

Carolyn Arnold

Thanks for that information, Dave.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2021 9:00 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Talking battery meter

Hi Carolyn,

I bought mine over 20 years ago, and I bought it from some place in Canada. Paid about $50 for it back then.

My wife uses a lot of Battery powered items, and she is always having me test Batteries. In spite of what some might think, using a Multi meter works fine for what I need.

Carolyn, the Multi meter I own, has two probes which are plugged into the unit, which is about the size

of a Fat Old Fashioned Transistor Radio. It has a Dial on the Front because it is capable of measuring a number of other things besides just voltage. It does DC and AC current. It will measure OHMS, plus a few other things I can't recall.

I turn the dial to DC, which stands for Direct Current. One probe tip is touching one end of the Battery, while the other probe tip touches the other end. There is a small Button on one of the probes to push to make it speak. There is also a larger button on the unit itself, that will also make it speak.

I have never measured a Hearing Aid Battery, but I have measured the Flat Disc style Batteries that are found inside of most Computers.

Between my wife and I, our Batteries are either New and fully charged, or they are Dead, or almost Dead, and this unit measures those Batteries fine enough for us.

Grumpy Dave