Re: Voice modulator or band equalizer?

Gene

There may well be such equipment.  This may be far too expensive but I know that some hearing aids change the pitch of specified frequencies.  Depending on what you find, you may want to look into that. 

Also, it sounds as though you don’t want to use only a computer.  But for now, for computer use, Winamp has a good pitch changing plugin.  You can change the pitch and not change the speed of play.  Or you can change the speed of play, which changes the pitch and speed, it is just like changing the speed on the old analog machines you discussed. 

I’ll provide more information about the plugin if you wish.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2021 8:03 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Voice modulator or band equalizer?

Hi List I’m not sure about which of these might be what I need, even after looking them up on the internet.

I have hearing loss and find some pitches of recorded voices are hard to understand.

Remember how we could change the pitch of a readers voice on our talking book machine by changing the speed?  I found that the pitch change resulting from the speed change would help me hear the voice much more clearly.

I’m thinking that a piece of hardware into which I could plug whatever device was reading, would be what I need.

Do any of you have any thoughts on this for me?

Thanks very much for any pointers!

Sincerely, Vicky V

AVG logo

This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.