Re: A jaws speaking issue

Gene

This doesn't apply.  the help for this setting says that control will still continue to interrupt speech.  here is the help from my old version of JAWS but it is probably the same help in new versions.

Clear this check box to have JAWS continue speaking information from the last command, even if you press keys such as letters or numbers.  Pressing CTRL will still interrupt speech. Using keystrokes to interrupt speech frees JAWS to begin speaking text from the most recent command. This check box is selected

Gene

On 50q0q0/16/2021 6:07 PM, Kay Malmquist wrote:
Mike,
 I'll give this a shot.  Thanks.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won't need to tell anybody it does. Light houses don't fire cannons to call attention to their shining - just shine.
Dwight L. Moody – 1837-1899, Evangelist and Publisher

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2021 12:47 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] A jaws speaking issue

Hi Kay,

Another thing to check is your typing interrupt setting, as suggested on another list.  Press, Insert + 6, to open the Settings Center.

Now press, Control, shift + D, to open Settings Center default all applications.

Down arrow to, Users, and right arrow to open.

Down arrow to the, Typing Interrupt, checkbox and if this isn't checked press the spacebar to check it then apply and okay your way out to save and close.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2021 5:01 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] A jaws speaking issue

Hi all,
I have finally gotten irritated enough to want to fix this.  What this is, is that when I press control to shut Jaws up, it does not shut up.  In fact, it takes several presses of control before silence reigns.  This is a Windows 7 machine with Jaws 19.  Sorry about it not being updated but that is all I could doo.  It happens both with my DecTalk USB express and Eloquence.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what I should look in to?  Thanks much.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won't need to tell anybody it does. Light houses don't fire cannons to call attention to their shining - just shine.
Dwight L. Moody – 1837-1899, Evangelist and Publisher

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.