Re: Win 10 and Deleting files

Gene

We don’t know if the delay is in the deletion or in the reporting of the deletion or the return of the interface after deletion.

We’ll see if anyone knows what causes whatever happens.

From: Dave
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2021 10:06 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Win 10 and Deleting files

Hello,

Since using Win 10, starting a few years ago, from time to time, I
notice an odd bit of behavior.

I'll be in File Explorer, in a folder, where I am deleting files.

Most of the time, when I press the Delete key, the file is gone in an
instant.

But, occasionally, after pressing Delete, it takes the system a while to
delete the file, or selection of files.  Might be 30 seconds, maybe a
minute to delete even just one small file.

Anyone know why this happens?

I have no other program working in the back ground.