Re: getting rid of deleted messages

Howard Traxler

Using thunderbird, how does one convert an imap account to pop?  I think I'd like that better.

On 5/20/2021 1:19 PM, E.M. Kirtley wrote:

I have a pop account, as far as I know.  The folder is “trash”.

Ms. Kirtley

From: Howard Traxler
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2021 11:12 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] getting rid of deleted messages

If one has an IMAP account, does he need to log onto GMail to perform maintenance or can it be done effectively in his local email client?

On 5/20/2021 12:06 PM, Gene wrote:

Evidently my memory is incorrect.  I may have tried to delete mail from another folder and it wasn’t.  I just tried deleting a message from trash using an IMAP account with Google and Thunderbird and the message didn’t return.  It is gone.  Why you can’t delete messages is something I don’t know.