Re: Send Space & Free Downloads

Mike B.

Hi Lisa & Gene,

Thank you both very much.  I rarely download from Send Space any more, and you can bet that your suggestions is the way I'll go the next time.  Thanks again.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2021 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Send Space & Free Downloads

Mike, I use Google Chrome and Brave and this is how I download free Sendspace files.

I find the button saying download file.� There's a control shift keystroke associated with this, but I don't use that.� I use the context key and find the save link as option and press enter.� This opens a normal save as dialog.

I've used this method for quite a while and haven't gotten any nasties yet.

HTH

Lisa

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...
On 5/20/2021 5:14 PM, Mike B wrote:
Hi All,
�
In the past it was advised to turn off JAVA scripts�in browsers other than IE, and in IE it was advised to stop Active X Controls from
running & turn off JAVA scripts when downloading from Send Space using a free account.
�
What advice is there for downloading from Send Space using a free account with chromium browsers?� I cancelled my pro Send Space account last year because it seemed to be broke more often than working.� I don't download very often , and I'm using Chrome or Brave as my default browser, so would someone please advise as to the safety with downloading using a free account?� All input is greatly appreciated.� Thanks mooy moocho.
�
�
Stay safe and take care.� Mike.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.