Re: thunderbird help needed

heather albright

When I open thumderbird, It says home view tab 1 of 1. I cant tab around the program to get to my emboxs from my accounts. I have 3 acounds set up. I can send messagesusing the keyboard shortcuts. But I cant get the program to open a message and read it to me. I did not do  anything weird in the app. It just updated I could no longer use the app.  Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Friday, May 21, 2021 3:19 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] thunderbird help needed

I have even restarted my pc too. I still cant get to let me read messages. Heather

Sent: Friday, May 21, 2021 3:17 PM

I did those suggestions, it still will not read messages in thunderbird. Heather  

Sent: Friday, May 21, 2021 3:08 PM

Hi Heather.  My thunderbird was updated too, but I'm not facing the issues you are facing.  Have you tried using it with NVDA?  The NVDA thunderbird combo works well at my end.  Pres Alt+Space and arrow down to Maximize to see if it is disabled.  If not, press enter on it to maximize thunderbird to see if it works.  If you are using it with Jaws, try reloading jaws, then starting the thunderbird app again.  There are many factors that may cause an app to not work as expected, so try these and let us know.  Cheers!

On 22/5/2021 3:55 am, heather albright wrote:

I can write a message in thunderbird using the keyboard keystrokes but, I am unable to access my messages after the update. IS there something I should do to make look like it did  before the update? Or can I downgrade to the last version before it updated? I am using my old app the windows mail app. I want my thunderbird back. Thank you Heather

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.