Re: thunderbird help needed

heather albright

I think it has something to do with my layout as it keeps saying home tab 1 of 1. I used to be able to hit f6 and it would bring me to a tree view box and I could use my arrow keys. But, cant get to do this anymore. I here messages coming in the app. So there is nothing wrong with the connection. Any ideas?  Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Friday, May 21, 2021 3:52 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] thunderbird help needed

It also saids home and horizontal  after home tab 1 of 1. I know the messages are coming in be for the life of me I cant get my screen readers to read the messages back to me. Would anyone like to help me fix this please? I tried both screen readers and have checked all my settings from the minue bar and it is sat on the settings I have always used before! Thank you Heather

Sent: Friday, May 21, 2021 3:38 PM

Can someone please tell me which folder I should keep from thunderbird so I do not have to redo all my settings again. I am thinking about reinstalling the thunderbird program again. Thanks Heather

Sent: Friday, May 21, 2021 3:08 PM

Hi Heather.  My thunderbird was updated too, but I'm not facing the issues you are facing.  Have you tried using it with NVDA?  The NVDA thunderbird combo works well at my end.  Pres Alt+Space and arrow down to Maximize to see if it is disabled.  If not, press enter on it to maximize thunderbird to see if it works.  If you are using it with Jaws, try reloading jaws, then starting the thunderbird app again.  There are many factors that may cause an app to not work as expected, so try these and let us know.  Cheers!

On 22/5/2021 3:55 am, heather albright wrote:

I can write a message in thunderbird using the keyboard keystrokes but, I am unable to access my messages after the update. IS there something I should do to make look like it did  before the update? Or can I downgrade to the last version before it updated? I am using my old app the windows mail app. I want my thunderbird back. Thank you Heather

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.