Re: thunderbird help needed

Jaffar Sidek

Hi Heather.  The most important folder for you to keep is the "Profile" folder where all your accounts details, your messages and your news group content are stored in database files.  But rather unfortunate is also the fact that when TB installations get into a mess, the profiles folder is the most open to corruptions.  I rather suspect that your thunderbird's mail client's inability to open or read messages is due to some database files in the profiles folder that has been corrupted.  You can keep your profiles folder and reinstall it to your new TB installation.  If it all works as expected, then your profile folder is fine.  If not, delete it, then reset your Tb again because there is no other choice.

On 22/5/2021 4:38 am, heather albright wrote:

Can someone please tell me which folder I should keep from thunderbird so I do not have to redo all my settings again. I am thinking about reinstalling the thunderbird program again. Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Jaffar Sidek
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2021 3:08 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] thunderbird help needed

Hi Heather.  My thunderbird was updated too, but I'm not facing the issues you are facing.  Have you tried using it with NVDA?  The NVDA thunderbird combo works well at my end.  Pres Alt+Space and arrow down to Maximize to see if it is disabled.  If not, press enter on it to maximize thunderbird to see if it works.  If you are using it with Jaws, try reloading jaws, then starting the thunderbird app again.  There are many factors that may cause an app to not work as expected, so try these and let us know.  Cheers!

On 22/5/2021 3:55 am, heather albright wrote:

I can write a message in thunderbird using the keyboard keystrokes but, I am unable to access my messages after the update. IS there something I should do to make look like it did  before the update? Or can I downgrade to the last version before it updated? I am using my old app the windows mail app. I want my thunderbird back. Thank you Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10