Re: T-Bird & Search

Gene

I have no idea if this will do what you want but press alt and type t for tools.
Up arrow to options and press enter.
Tab to an item that says something like, when the program runs, show the start page in the message area.  If it is checked, uncheck it with the space bar.

Whether the search is showing or not, it evidently makes no difference that means anything.  When the program runs, you aren’t in the message list or in the folders tree view and you have to do something to move there.  there are different ways to move to what you want.  I press f6 twice to get to the message list.  the first press gets me to the folders treeview, the second push gets me to the message list.

I can also shift tab once to get to the message list.  I use f6 just because that is the first way I started moving to the message list and it had become a bit of a habit before I experimented.  I also like using f6 because it is such a common way of moving from one part of the same window to another part.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2021 7:58 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] T-Bird & Search

Hi All,

I'm a new T-Bird user and I'm wondering if I can get rid of that search field when I tab in my In-box?  When I open T-Bird, and I'm on the In-box tab, then tab 1 time I get a search edit control + K, message, then if I tab 1 more time I'm in my message list.  So, how if I can, get rid of or close that search field?  I'm using the portable version 78....  Thanks much.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.