Re: reorganizing the taskbar on win 10

Gene

I don’t know how long the lag time is, but I’d rather wait a few seconds for a program to open than lose all the advantages. 

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2021 1:25 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] reorganizing the taskbar on win 10

When using shortcut keys with Windows 10 there's a considerable lag time for program response to the shortcut keystrokes.  Using the Taskbar cuts out this lag time considerably if not entirely.  Many people have wondered why this is, but no one has provided an answer.  Sometimes shortcut keystrokes work flawlessly, but mostly there's the lag time whereas the Taskbar method works all the time.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say:  "Close Enough!"

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2021 6:56 AM

However, it may be that the main or perhaps only reason to reorganize the task bar is to change the number you use to open something such as Windows key 1 instead of Windows key 4.  When you are actually on the task bar, you can get to the item you want to be on with first letter navigation.

Do you use short cuts and short cut commands such as control alt j to open programs?  I find them more convenient to use and they require no changes once made such as changing the position of the icon.  And you have a great many of them available, the whole alphabet and I believe the numbers one through zero.  You have even more, by using control alt and for more control shift with all the same numbers and letters available for both.  But as a matter of practicality, you wouldn’t want to just add more and more short cut commands.  I have perhaps eightor nine.  There are times when I use the start search to open something I don’t open often to avoid clutter. 

There is nothing wrong with using the task bar and the Windows key number way of opening programs but I don’t think, as I said, that it is as convenient as shortcut commands.  also, with shortcut commands, you can use letters that mean something to you and are easy to remember, control alt n for NVDA, control alt j for JAWS, control alt w for word, etc. 

Gene
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2021 7:11 AM

Bro,

If you can't get drag and drop to work the only way to reorganize the Taskbar is to unpin all the items and repin them in the order you want them.  First try rebooting your computer and starting fresh, so to speak.  Below is the drag and drop keystrokes I use and they don't always work on the first or second try, so keep trying a few times.  Unloading and reloading Jaws between attempts does help.

1. Move to the program's button that you want to move.
2. Press Insert + Numpad Minus to route the Jaws Cursor to the PC cursor, and then press Insert + Numpad Slash to lock the left mouse button, in other
words, start holding it down.
3. Press Numpad Plus to switch back to using the PC cursor, and then press either Left Arrow or Right Arrow the number of times which is the number of
positions which you want to move the program either to the left or right respectively. This moves the PC cursor to the position where you want the program
to end up.
4. Press Insert + Numpad Minus to route the Jaws cursor to the PC cursor, and press Insert + Numpad Slash to unlock the left mouse button, in other words,
stop holding it down.
5. Finally, press Numpad Plus to switch back to the PC cursor.

Laptop keystrokes:

Here is how to lock the mouse buttons in laptop keyboard layout.

Left Mouse Button Lock:  CTRL, WINDOWS Key + 8
Right Mouse Button Lock: CTRL, WINDOWS Key + 9

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say:  "Close Enough!"

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2021 10:09 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] reorganizing the taskbar on win 10

Hi,
I can't seem to get the drag and drop feature to work using jfw 2020, can
someone provide another tip on how to drag and drop using jaws, more so how
to reorganize my taskbar. Meaning, if I have an item on number six, and I'd
like for it to be number 2, how do I do that?

Kimsan Song
kimsansong@...
If you are into HipHop or R&B, I invite you to subscribe to my youtube
artist channel at
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzrNcgBfHguK-LnnJMMylA
Also, you may follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/kims4ns0ng

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.