Re: thunder bird not accessible

heather albright

Yes, I reinstalled thunderbird but, it no longer lets me use f6 keys to get to the treeview and I can tab in to the different accounts. When I used thunderbird in the past, the start page came up and I used f6 key that would take me to a treeview box and I could tab between accounts. So I could close the treeviews with the arrow keys. I do not see any of this now. I cant even find the update thunderbird. I only see it in the about thunderbird page and I hit update and nothing happens! I do not even get a message that you using the latest update of thunderbird.  Thank you Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2021 8:19 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] thunder bird not accessible

If you are saying that you have the same problem after reinstalling the program as with the old one, then it isn’t very likely isn’t the program.  If the installation file were corrupted, the program would very likely not install.  But we need to know just what is going on.  Are you saying that you have the same problem now as before?

I believe I have an older installation file I can send you.  You can try that older version.  If it works properly don’t upgrade if, for some unknown reason, the current version doesn’t work properly but the older one does.

Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2021 9:06 PM

Thanks I will think about it. I hate it that a program I used to use seems to be acting strange, could the installation program be bad too? It was a breand new install of thunderbird and it acts like the old one. Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10