Re: thunder bird not accessible

heather albright

I am using NVDA. I reinstalled thunderbird as a knew copy and set it up. It is running the latest version of windows10. I even restarted the pc after I reinstalled the program, no I did not need to do this but, I wanted to be sure. Yes, I also grabbed the NVDA add ons to NVDA after reading the message about it. So not sure which poltergeist has control over my machine. Cheers Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Gene
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2021 11:33 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] thunder bird not accessible

Have you done anhything else around the time this problem started, or has your computer done anything such as a Windows update, or have you uninstalled something?  Are you having any problem using any browsers?  What browsers do you use?

This is beginning to sound like a problem that isn’t a Thunderbird problem.  Do you know about the com registration tool in the NVDA tools submenu?

I’ve never run it, but running it may fix your problem.  If there are any prompts or dialogs when you run it, I imagine they will be self-explanatory.

At times, certain files in Windows become unregistered.  This mainly affects the performance of certain browsers but I wonder if it may affect Thunderbird as well.  Though it seems unlikely, running the registration utility might solve the problem.

Also, before you run it, you may want to try another screen-reader to see if Thunderbird is able to be read properly by that screen-reader.

Sent: Monday, May 24, 2021 11:01 AM

                NO it did not work. Yes I am using nvda. It just says Missoula thunderbirdtool bar tab control home tab selected 1 of 1.When Itab one I get treevie, the next tab says about:grouping. It goes back around with these options.   I tried to control tab and nothing happens.   It tells me I received a message and which account but, I cant read the messages or get to them. I am currently typing in the windows10 mail app listening to thunderbird receiving messages that I cant red in that program. I redid thunderbird and I am having the same issues. Thank you, Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10