Re: Alternative Word Processors?

Gene

JAWS does work well in JARTE and the JARTE home page explains this.  You can use code when you start JARTE to tell it to rrun in screen-reader mode.  If you do that once, you don’t have to use the code again.  It will run in screen-reader mode when you start JARTE.  That’s the problem.  JARTE doesn’t recognize JAWS as a screen-reader and therefore doesn’t automatically go into screen-reader mode.

Its not a question of JAWS supporting or not supporting JARTE.  It’s a question of having JARTE run in screen-reader mode when it doesn’t know a screen-reader is present.

From: Dave
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 10:23 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Alternative Word Processors?

Hello,

Since last Fall, I have been using NVDA as my main Screen Reader.  I do
so because about this same time JAWS stopped working well in Jarte.

I have called JAWS several times since then, and they tell me they no
longer support Jarte and too bad so sad etc.

So I am asking, are any of you using an alternative Word Processor to MS
Word?

I own MS Word, but frankly, I find it to be such a Headache to use.  If
you love it, please don't write me telling me that you Love it.  I
already know that MS Word has their fans.  I happen not to be one of them.

So if any  here uses another Word Processor, and you like it, would you
share the name of it here?

I am now looking for something to replace Jarte.

Grumpy Dave