Re: Alternative Word Processors?

Joe Orozco

I use a text editor called EdSharp. I originally started using it as a
text editor for HTML tasks, but I could see how using it as a primary
word processor could be beneficial. If interested, let me know, and
I'll send a link. The developer no longer works on updates, though
I've never seen need to have anything fixed on it.--Joe

I made a mistake in my last message on this subject. You won’t find what I
am discussing on the home page. there is a link on the home page that says
Screen-reader mode and if you follow it, you will find information about
screen[-reader mode including how to use Jarte with JAWS..

When something happens such as you describe, JARTE stops working with a
screen-reader, for example, it’s a good idea to check the web site. You may
find nothing relevant, I wouldn’t be surprised, or the relevant information
may be posted later when the developer of the program learns about and
addresses the problem, but you may find information that will save you time
and trouble. I don’t know when this information was placed on the site but
had it been there around the time this problem arose, you could have
continued to use JAWS.

Also, I find technical support staff to be wrong often enough that I don’t
assume what they say is correct unless I have good reason to believe so.
Asking about this problem on a list like this when it first arose might have
gotten you good help. Either looking at the web site or asking might have.

I’m going into all this to possibly save you and others unnecessary work and
inconvenience in future.