Re: Gmail Question

Shelly Kane

Gene:

I'm using the newest version of Thunderbird.  As I have said before, I have never had this problem in all of the years I have had this account.  I don't see the spam folder on Thunderbird.  Yes, I have a pop3 as I said in another email and I have checked on the google site.  There is no messages in there.  I called them today and told them I didn't get their emails so I am having them sending it to another address.  My service provider is through Spectrum and I have had it for 10 months and haven't had a problem until now.   My niece looked at my account and said there is no reason why I shouldn't have gotten these emails.  Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Shelly

On 5/25/2021 3:01 AM, Gene wrote:
The original message said she had checked her spam filter.  My question is are you using a POPP3 or anIMAP account?  Did you check the spam filter online and did you check in your e-mail program,  if you are using a POP3 account?  They aren’t the same folder in that case and you have to check both. 

I suppose with an IMAP account, you could have an additional spam folder in your e-mail program and you would have to check both.

Also, some providers black list certain addresses and domains that are rightly or wrongly believed to send a lot of spam. If so, the only way to correct the problem is to have your provider remove the block.  I don’t know enough about that to discuss it further.  Others should.

What is the domain of the e-mail address, the part of the address such as GMail.com, AT&T.com, the part immediately after the at sign that indicates the provider?

Gene
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2021 10:16 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Gmail Question

Tried checking your junk folder. It’s possible it could’ve gone into there.

Ashley

> On May 24, 2021, at 9:55 PM, Shelly Kane <shellykane323@...> wrote:
>
> Ashley:
>
>
> Thanks for the suggestion but there is no way they can be blocked because I have never received an email from them in the past.
>
>> On 5/23/2021 1:10 PM, Ashley Breger via groups.io wrote:
>> It could be possible that the center is on your block to sender list. Tried checking their  contact to see if they are blocked.
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> Ashley
>>
>>>> On May 23, 2021, at 1:55 PM, Shelly Kane <shellykane323@...> wrote:
>>>
>>>             Hi Group:
>>>
>>>
>>> I haven't had this happen before so wanted to get your take on it.  I'm not even sure if there is a problem.  Someone was sending me a volunteer application last Friday and I never got it so I called them on Wednesday to let them know that I never got it and they were going to send it again.  Needless to say, I never got it when they sent it the second time.  I have never had a problem with my email where I never got what someone was sending.  I had someone who was sighted check my account and she said everything looks in order.  I even went to the spam folder and it's not in there.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  The other thing is I thought that maybe she never sent it at all.  I am stumped. Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Shelly
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> .
>
>
>
>
>

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.